“A small amount of charity to the needy adds to your very prosperity. Do it – sweetly, smilingly in your own small, modest way”
Those who run into bad portfolio in past for one reason or another can have it reviewed or restructured on

A. Calling at Mob: 08813013300
B. Writing at Email: tilak22b@gmail.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PILGRIMAGE

Dear Friends,

Here is what all we know about the religious importance of Haridwar -

Haridwar is an ancient city Uttarakhand, India. The River Ganga, after flowing for 253 kilometres (157 mi) from its source at Gaumukh at the edge of the Gangotri Glacier, enters the Indo-Gangetic Plains of North India for the first time at Haridwar, which gave the city its ancient name, Gangadwára.

Haridwar is regarded as one of the seven holiest places to Hindus. According to the Samudra manthan, Haridwar along with Ujjain, Nashik and Prayag (Allahabad) is one of four sites where drops of Amrit, the elixir of immortality, accidentally spilled over from the pitcher while being carried by the celestial bird Garuda. This is manifested in the Kumbha Mela, which is celebrated every 12 years in Haridwar. During the Haridwar Kumbh Mela, millions of pilgrims, devotees, and tourists congregate in Haridwar to perform ritualistic bathing on the banks of the river Ganges to wash away their sins to attain Moksha (salvation). Brahma Kund, the spot where the Amrit fell, is located at Har ki Pauri - footsteps of the Lord and is considered to be the most sacred ghat of Haridwar.

Haridwar is the headquarters and the largest city of the district. Today, the city is developing beyond its religious importance, with the fast developing industrial estate of State Industrial Development Corporation of Uttarakhand (SIDCUL), and the close by township of Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited as well as its affiliated ancillaries.

Point to remember when we visit Haridwar -
By rail, it takes about three hours from Ambala Cantt for Haridwar. The rail link ultimates leads to Kathgodam, Dehradun etc.

Ambala Cantt is an important junction and thus almost all the train heading for Haridwar pass through Ambala Cantt.

The main city of Haridwar is not very far from Railway station ; mere 10 - 12 km, the most.

Though it is advisable to book the accommodation for stay in advance especially during the Kumbh Festival but in the normal course, accommodation for stay is available in hotels. Lot many Ashrams (for stay at reasonable charges) are available within the city and in the outskirts of the city.

Lodging for a bed room in an Ashram cost around 250 - 350 per night.

Boarding is available at the local dhabas (eatries) too at reasonable charges.

It is advisable to carry the light baggage.

During the Aarti times in the morning n evening, one should be on caution for the safety of his belonging and cash including mobile and ornaments as some elements take the advantage of too much of crowed and morrow the pockets.

Request - If any one of amongst you want to make for Haridwar, I would be able to make arrangements for the stay as I have my PR network in a humble way. This is more important in case of those who are to go to Haridwar from far away places.

Here I wind up with my pilgrimage.

Let me see where Lord Shiva take us, next time, on the holy pilgrimage.

May Lord Shiva grant you all good health and prosperity, in the meanwhile.

Fondly,
Tilak
Tagged:
·