Your parental responsibilities
If you have a responsibility to provide parental care to your child, you must:
• Name your child.
• Provide a home for your child.
• Protect and maintain your child.
• Discipline your child.
• Choose and provide education for your child.
• Determine the religion of your child.
• Agree to provide your child with any necessary medical treatment.
• Accompany the child outside India, should it be necessary for you to do so.
• Allow confidential information relating to your child to be disclosed, where necessary.
• Take responsibility for your child’s property.
• Appoint a legal guardian for your child, if necessary.
• You must also support your child financially.
To be continued .................